Ending the suspense and the constant speculation a week after BJP won the elections in the key Hindi heartland of India, the party announcedYogi Aditynath, the Gorakhpur ‘s five-term MP, to be the Chief Minister of the state.The star campaigner of the state and one of the candidates who are closely connected with Hindutva, Yogi Adityanath was elected with majority as the legislature party leader, in a meeting of all the newly appointed MLAs.
Yogi Adityanath Became one of the most Popular Political
Recently, after taking the oath as the CM of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath became one of the most popular political figures in the country.Like every other leader in the political playfield of the country, Yogi Adityanath also has a vast history behind him which everyone must know about. So, here are top 15 lesser known facts about the newly appointed Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
Facts about Yogi Adityanath You don’t Know
1. Yogi Adityanath was born on 5th June, 1972 as Ajay Singh Bisht.
2. Yogi Adityanath decided to become a sanyasi in 1994, and that’s when he denounced all the worldly pleasures while changing his name to Yogi Adityanath.
3. 11 criminal cases have been registered against this BJP leader till date, and these include rioting, carrying deadly weapons, endangering life, trespassing on the burial sites, attempt to murder, assault and many more.
4. Hailing from a Rajput family, Yogi Adityanath holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, which he pursued from HNB Garhwal university, Uttarakhand.
5. A firebrand, Yogi Adityanath is known for attracting the attention of people with his fiery speeches.
6. Yogi Adityanath became the youngest legislator in 1998 after winning seat from the Gorakhpur constituency as the Member of the 12th Lok Sabha.
7. He first won the Lok Sabha seat from Gorakhpur constituency in 1998, and he has been winning it since 1998 consistently. Not even once he has been defeated.
8. Although, Yogi Adityanath has been a prominent member of the BJP, but his relation with the party was not very good. In fact, a conflict arose in 2007 UP elections between the Yogi Adityanath and the party, but after the intervention all the things were sorted.
9. Since 2014, Yogi Adityanath has beenserving as the head priest of the famous Gorakhpur math/temple.
10. One of the biggest blots on the career of Yogi Adityanath is the incitement of the Gorakhpur riots in 2007. As the acquisitions strengthened, Hindu Vahini Sena, the organization run by Yogi retaliated by setting the trains on fire.
11. Yogi Adityanath is one of the most prominent politicians who brought up the issue of religion conversion. He once said that if even one Hindu girl is converted into Islam, they will convert the hundred Muslim women into Hindus.
12. Yogi Adityanath is believed to be the “creator” of a purification drive launched in 2005 for the conversions of the Christians into the Hindus. Following his radical beliefs, he even stated in 2015 that Indians who don’t like the Yoga should either leave the country or should be drowned.
13. Yogi Adityanath, who talked a lot about the “Anti Romeo” squad made it a reality immediately after becoming the CM. He launched this initiative from Meerut, where 4-5 people in every police station would be appointed the responsibility to keep a check against the eve teasing incidents and other crimes against women. Their motto is to restore the pride of women.
14. The “Hindu Yuva Vahini” helmed by Yogi Adityanath recently launched a mission to declare “cow” as a holy animal and “Rashtra Maata”. Even a missed call subscription initiative has been started in Aligarh by “Hindu Yuva Vahini” to start gleaning the support for this cause.
15. Recently, when he visited the Annexe building, where the CM office is located in Lucknow, he got annoyed with the strains of pan and pan masala all over the building. He has now directed the staff in the building not to consume masala or chew tobacco while on duty.
The priest politician, Yogi Adityanath has assured the people of UP that he will work hard for all the communities, including Hindu and Muslims, and will ensure that all the promises made by UP are fulfilled.Well, only the time will tell that would BJP be able to retain power in UP where it has stormed in after 15 long years, and win the hearts of its voters. .